Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I wish I had more free time...

January 22nd, 2011
Me: I wish I had more free-time. I just work too much.

January 23rd, 2011
My boss: We're going to have to let you go.

Be careful what you wish for. It just might come true. Not that this was a bad thing. It had been one of my goals to make acting a full time job. But you can't really do that when you're spending 40 plus hours a week working towards another person's dream. I had put a lot of time and effort into someone else's company and thought my own company should be growing. But, it doesn't work that way. As scary as it was to be without a steady paycheck and benefits- I had never been happier and I had more time to focus on Courtney Rioux Incorporated. (I'm not really an inc., I just thought it sounded nice)

I had heard a few times actors saying that once they quit their job they started making a living as an actor. Now, I had no choice.

Since January 23rd, 2011 I have accomplished some pretty major goals in my acting career. I booked two national commercials in the last month-my first national spots ever. I'll share my secret on how I got there later!

All I have to say is, "Thanks shitty economy and thanks to my boss for setting me free!"

As my friend Grace says, "All you need is a little faith and American Express". I'm going to take her advice and run with it. Looks like it's working so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment